What is a Test Engineer?
Test Engineers inspect and report on the quality of products through the entire production cycle. Depending on the product, they may use different criteria to check quality, such as functionality, durability, safety and speed.
What does a Test Engineer do?
The role of Test Engineers is to thoroughly check materials, procedures and mechanical or electrical systems to ensure that customers get high-quality, functional products. They run tests on various components and features in order to identify and fix technical issues. Experienced Test Engineers might also be responsible for training and managing junior team members.
Test Engineer responsibilities include:
- Inspecting raw materials and machinery
- Creating test environments
- Analyzing results and identifying the root cause of malfunctions
We are looking for a Test Engineer who will thoroughly inspect our products before they’re launched.
As a Test Engineer in our company, you will work closely with the production team to understand why we’re building a product and what the specific requirements are. Then, you will run a series of tests through all stages of production to identify potential malfunctions and recommend improvements.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our final products meet our safety and quality standards.
- Gather product requirements (e.g. functionalities, speed, safety standards)
- Inspect raw materials and machinery to identify defects and malfunctions
- Monitor all production stages to ensure safety procedures are followed
- Run quality controls on components and final products
- Develop test environments and test cases for all mechanical and electrical systems
- Analyze test results, detect issues and track root causes
- Suggest fixes and improvements
- Document technical issues and solutions
- Build automated testing systems for regular checks
- Ensure our products and procedures meet industry standards (e.g. ISO)
- Previous experience as a Test Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with various testing techniques
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Knowledge of quality standards and regulations
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Analytical mindset
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant field
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus