Production Manager job description
A Production Manager is a professional who oversees the production process and coordinates all activities to ensure enough resources on hand. They can plan workers' schedules, estimate costs and prepare budgets to ensure workflow meets required deadlines.
This Production Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Production Manager responsibilities include:
- Liaising with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimating costs and preparing budgets
- Organizing workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of goods. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output.
We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures. Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance will set you apart as a leader. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day. If you are up to it, we’d like to talk to you.
The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Report to upper management
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as production director
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Production Manager do?
The Production Manager determines how much input goes into making each product and then schedules it to be processed efficiently. They also track costs for labor, any raw materials received and shipping off final goods to different locations around the world.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Production Manager?
Production Managers are responsible for allocating labor resources, tracking production schedules and cost adjustments to ensure everything runs smoothly. They make receiving raw materials or shipping final goods happen as efficiently as possible.
What makes a good Production Manager?
A successful Production Manager needs to know how and when to communicate with everyone on the team. The goal for this individual should be to always remain transparent so that all activities fall within budget. To do this, they need to have excellent communication and leadership skills.
Who does a Production Manager work with?
Production Managers often work with a Production Team, collaborating to meet any quotas that need to be completed. They may also work alongside general Production Workers, keeping them on task and doing what they need to do.
Hiring Production Manager job description
Post this Production Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.