Use this production worker job description template to advertise your vacancies and find the best hire for your warehouse or factory. Feel free to modify requirements and responsibilities based on your specific needs.
What is a production worker?
A production worker helps with the proper functioning of assembly lines in factories and warehouses. On a daily basis, they’re responsible for all the production processes, for example they operate machinery and assemble equipment parts.
What does a production worker do?
Production worker duties vary based on the factory’s processes and products. Usually, they maintain and operate production equipment and assist with distributing the final products. They monitor stock levels and help with shipping procedures. Finally, they follow safety policies and detect potential machinery problems early on.
Production worker duties and responsibilities include:
- Handling production equipment (e.g. operation, maintenance)
- Assembling and inspecting machinery parts
- Monitoring product shipment
We are looking for a production worker to join our team and help improve our warehouse’s production line.
You’ll perform various tasks, including maintaining and operating the machinery and search for potential malfunctions or risks. You’ll transfer the products and equipment, using power tools and forklift trucks. You’ll also keep the facility clean by removing debris and trash to ensure safety. Note that this position demands stamina and a good physical condition, as you’ll have to regularly lift heavy loads.
If you are familiar with these tasks and interested in working at a well-functioning warehouse, let’s meet.
- Operate production equipment
- Maintain the warehouse’s machines
- Assemble machinery parts
- Store products and materials
- Meet the deadlines of individual production tasks during shift
- Report on defective products or machinery
- Check stock levels and report deficiencies in products or raw materials
- Keep the worksite clean to avoid hazards from chemicals and fragile products
- Review and follow manufacturing manuals to build machinery
- Ensure shipping procedures are timely
- Transfer equipment manually or with forklift trucks
- Follow the company’s safety and quality guidelines
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a production worker or similar role in a warehouse
- Good understanding of how production equipment works
- Ability to detect potential problems with machinery
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and precautionary measures (safety gear will be provided)
- Ability to lift heavy loads and transfer them manually
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- High School Diploma/GED
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Production Worker do?
- Production Workers are skilled workers who keep production flowing by checking product quality through monitoring machinery. They clean and operate factory equipment and work on an assembly line, putting together products with great care to meet all safety guidelines.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Production Worker?
- A Production Worker is responsible for feeding raw materials into machinery, assembling goods on production lines, and monitoring the process. In addition, they carry out basic quality checks such as testing of product or packaging before shipping by adequately storing all necessary supplies.
- What makes a good Production Worker?
- A good production worker can learn new skills and tasks, communicate verbally and in writing with supervisors or coworkers, and work well on teams.
- Who does a Production Worker work with?
- Production Workers work closely with other production staff to check for defects in products and assemble them by a set deadline. They work under Production Supervisors, who ensure the success of every worker and the company itself.