This Makeup Artist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Makeup Artist Responsibilities
- Understanding requirements from a visual and technical standpoint
- Determining the correct material and application according to lighting, setting etc.
- Applying simple and complex makeup as required
We are looking for a talented Makeup artist who will help presenters, actors and models look their best when appearing on TV, films or in front of audiences. You will apply basic and complex techniques to ensure excellent visual results.
We want an artist who will apply their creativity and dexterity in making people look great. You should be detail-oriented with an impressive portfolio of media makeup and hairstyling. Your passion for your job should give you ample motivation to excel.
- Understand requirements from a visual and technical standpoint
- Determine the correct material and application according to lighting, setting etc.
- Apply simple and complex makeup as required
- Use FX prosthetics to create the desired special effects
- Do appropriate hairstyling to complement makeup
- Assist in appropriate removing or makeup and prosthetics
- Collaborate with crew members (costume designers, production assistants etc.)
- Select the best material (cosmetics and tools) and create budgets to purchase
- Clean and maintain makeup applicators and tools
- Proven experience as makeup artist
- Knowledge of makeup and hairdressing techniques
- Experience in prosthetics and special effects is a plus
- Technical understanding of lighting, photography, styles, dramatization etc.
- Ability to balance quality and budget restraints
- Understanding of health and safety rules
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Artistic personality and manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Patient with a positive attitude
- Diploma from a vocational school in cosmetology, makeup or relevant study