Legal Counsel responsibilities include:
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Legal Counsel do?
- Legal Counsel provides a full range of legal services to upper management on relevant issues, ensuring compliance with internal controls and other formalities. They calculate risks in business processes and decisions while drafting contracts for patents or trademarks - all this is done before executing procedures that protect designs from infringement lawsuits. They also handle litigation when needed.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Legal Counsel?
- Legal Counsels are responsible for advising executive members on new laws, existing ones, and legal rights that would impact the functionality of their business. They oversee all aspects within this sphere, including acting as its representative; maintaining knowledge about the company's documents and operations.
- What makes a good Legal Counsel?
- The Legal Counsel is a creative, proactive solution-finder who can identify risks and lead the business towards success. They must also be able to handle crises with integrity for their business in order to protect and advance it.
- Who does a Legal Counsel work with?
- A Legal Counsel acts as a general lawyer, who handles all legal matters within the company and does not work independently. They work with management and employees within their business to ensure laws are being kept. They also work closely with a Corporate Attorney, who handles all corporate legal processes.