This Corporate Attorney job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Corporate Attorney Responsibilities
- Consulting and handling all corporate legal processes
- Developing company policy and position on legal issues
- Researching, anticipating and guarding company against legal risks
We are looking for a specialized Corporate attorney to serve as an in-house counsel and handle all complex legal matters and projects. You will ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise our company on legal rights and duties.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
- Draft and administer all contracts
- Negotiate deals and attend company meetings
- Proven comparable law firm experience
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws)
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Current licence to practise law
- BS degree in Law
- Source business lawyers with our Boolean search cheat sheets.