This Legal Counsel job description template is optimized with the key duties and responsibilities of a legal executive. It’s easy to customize for your company when hiring. Use it for posting on online job boards or careers pages.
Legal Counsel Responsibilities
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
- Source business lawyers with our Boolean search cheat sheets.