This is a sample of HR Business Partner interview questions that can help you identify the ideal HR professionals for your company. Ask your candidates these HR questions to learn about their qualifications and choose the best fit for your position. Similar job titles include HR Consultant.
Make sure that you are interviewing the best HR business partner candidates. Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to hire better, faster.
HR Business Partner Interview Questions
HR business partners (HRBP) work closely with senior managers to develop an HR agenda that supports overall organization goals. They provide strategic input and solutions to ultimately create a nurturing work environment, in alignment with business needs.
Your ideal candidates should have excellent people management skills and be able to address employee relations issues and grievances in a timely manner. You should look for candidates who can interpret business metrics and are able to suggest effective and creative ways to develop your organization.
The HR business partner position requires a professional with solid experience in Human Resources Management. You should combine HR interview questions about theoretical knowledge on policies and labor legislation with previous HR work experience. This set of competency based interview questions can help you discover how your ideal candidate can implement their knowledge.
Operational and Situational questions
- What would you do if an employee said they couldn’t collaborate with their supervisor?
- How do you persuade managers to follow your guidance?
- What policies would you implement to ensure company diversity?
- What team-building methods would you suggest?
- How do you stay up-to-date with changes in labor legislation?
- What HR metrics are you familiar with?
- What HR software have you used before?
- How do you evaluate training methods?
- What employee retention programs would you advise us to implement?
- Which are in your opinion the most crucial factors that constitute company culture?
- Describe a time you had to deal with conflicts in a team.
- Talk about a time you provided an innovative solution after a conventional approach failed.
- Have you ever suggested a solution that failed?
- Tell me about a time you delivered a cost-reducing solution.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial