Use this Executive Assistant job description sample to advertise your open role and attract qualified candidates.
Executive Assistant responsibilities include:
- Acting as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Managing executives’ calendars and set up meetings
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s senior-level managers.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
- Oversee the performance of other clerical staff
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- High School degree
- PA diploma or certification is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does an Executive Assistant do?
An Executive Assistant usually works with executive leaders within a company to handle all the executive’s administrative needs like scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, and replying to correspondence as necessary.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Executive Assistant?
An Executive Assistant helps the CEO and other executive leaders stay organized by managing their schedules and keeping up with correspondence based on their needs.
What makes a good Executive Assistant?
A good Executive Assistant needs to be resourceful, innovative, and proactive to support their executive leaders. They must think independently to make decisions under pressure, and they need to have good communication skills to share information with their supervisor efficiently and effectively.
Who does an Executive Assistant work with?
An Executive Assistant works with executives from various departments or one-on-one with an executive leader like the CEO.