This Personal Assistant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Personal Assistant responsibilities include:
- Acting as the point of contact between the manager and clients
- Screening and directing phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Handling requests and queries appropriately
We are looking for a responsible Personal Assistant to provide personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. You will work on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to manager’s working life and communication.
- Act as the point of contact between the manager and internal/external clients
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Manage diary and schedule meetings and appointments
- Make travel arrangements
- Take dictation and minutes
- Source office supplies
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Devise and maintain office filing system
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Personal Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- MS Office and English proficiency
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- High School degree
- PA diploma or certification would be considered an advantage
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Personal Assistant do?
- There are many different roles that a Personal Assistant can take on to help individuals in their home or in an organization. Generally, they assist with keeping individuals organized and on schedule. This can include running errands, managing calendars, taking notes and responding to correspondences.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Personal Assistant?
- Personal Assistants can be employed privately or by a company, which dictates their responsibilities. For example, Household Personal Assistant responsibilities can include meal preparation, errands, grocery shopping, housekeeping, pet care and more.
On the other hand, a Corporate Personal Assistant’s duties generally include scheduling appointments, paying bills, handling emails and other correspondences, calendar management and more.
- What makes a good Personal Assistant?
- Whether working in a home or office setting, a good Personal Assistant needs to be proactive, detail-oriented, and organized. Personal Assistants are support roles but critical to the leaders’ success they assist. Another essential quality of an excellent Personal Assistant is that they must be an excellent communicator.
- Who does a Personal Assistant Assistant work with?
- Personal Assistants work with a variety of professionals in settings. For example, they usually report to the homeowner in a home setting. In an office setting, they typically report to senior leadership staff, including CEOs, Presidents and Executive Directors.