Cook job description
A Cook is a restaurant worker who is responsible for preparing food items and menu items in accordance with company standards and guidelines. They are responsible for the preparation of food for restaurant customers.
This Cook job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Cook responsibilities include:
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Frequently asked questions
What does a Cook do?
A Cook plans, prepares, and cooks food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience for customers. They help keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently. They ensure proper food handling, sanitation and following food storage procedures.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Cook?
A Cook’s responsibilities can vary depending on the restaurant they work for. Generally, specific duties are preparing food in accordance with recipes. This can include washing, measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients. They also make sure customer orders are managed and served in a timely manner.
What makes a good Cook?
Cooks work with a variety of restaurant staff members. This can include busboys, assistant cooks, Restaurant Managers and waiters/waitresses.
Hiring Cook job description
Post this Cook job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.