Use this Campus Recruiter job description template to hire qualified HR professionals who’ll recruit college students and recent graduates to work for your company.
What is a Campus Recruiter?
A Campus Recruiter is an HR professional who specializes in attracting and hiring students and recent graduates for organizations. They engage with universities, attend career fairs, and host career days to connect with potential candidates. Their responsibilities include screening resumes, conducting interviews, and assessing skills for entry-level positions and internships. By building relationships with educational institutions, they contribute to the company’s employer branding efforts and attract talented individuals from college communities.
What does a Campus Recruiter do?
A Campus Recruiter plays a crucial role in the recruitment of students and recent graduates. They organize in-house career days, attend college career fairs, and promote the employer brand to attract potential candidates. They are responsible for screening resumes, conducting interviews, and performing skills assessments for junior positions and internships. Additionally, they maintain relationships with universities, advertise open roles, and design internship programs. Their goal is to attract high-potential employees from college communities and build a strong employer brand among students and recent graduates.
Campus Recruiter responsibilities include:
- Hosting in-house career days for students and recent graduates by department or field of expertise
- Attending college career fairs, interacting with students and promoting our employer brand
- Screening resumes, conducting interviews and performing skills assessment tests for junior positions and internships
We are seeking a Campus Recruiter to serve as our primary connection with universities and assist in the recruitment of students and recent graduates.
Responsibilities of the Campus Recruiter include participating in college career days, creating impactful internship programs, and assessing candidates for junior positions. To excel in this role, you must have experience utilizing diverse sourcing strategies, such as social recruiting, and possess exceptional relationship-building abilities.
Ultimately, your objective will be to attract and onboard talented individuals, fostering a positive employer brand within college communities.
As the Campus Recruiter, you will play a vital role in identifying and acquiring promising talent, ensuring the continued growth and success of our organization.
- Host in-house career days for students and recent graduates by department or field of expertise
- Attend college career fairs, interact with students and promote our employer brand
- Screen resumes, conduct interviews and perform skills assessment tests for junior positions and internships
- Report on recruiting metrics after every careers event, including number of candidates interviewed and hired
- Advertise current open roles to online and offline alumni communities
- Contact university career counselors and provide informative materials about our internship programs
- Design and place print ads on college campuses
- Post job ads and source potential candidates on social media groups
- Liaise with team leaders to define hiring needs and design internship programs
- Build and maintain good relationships with universities and other educational institutions
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Recruiter or similar HR role
- Experience in advertising and hiring for entry-level roles is a plus
- Knowledge of various candidate evaluation techniques, including group interviews
- Hands-on experience with resume databases and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Familiarity with social media sourcing
- Understanding of labor legislation, particularly regarding internships
- Good networking abilities
- BSc degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Campus Recruiter do?
- A Campus Recruiter attracts and hires students and recent graduates for organizations by attending career fairs, hosting career days, and screening candidates for junior positions and internships.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Campus Recruiter?
- The duties of a Campus Recruiter include hosting career days, attending career fairs, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and assessing skills for junior positions and internships. They also report on recruiting metrics, advertise open roles, and build relationships with universities.
- What makes a good Campus Recruiter?
- A good Campus Recruiter has excellent networking and relationship-building skills. They are familiar with various candidate evaluation techniques and have experience in advertising and hiring for entry-level roles. Strong communication and social media sourcing skills are also important.
- Who does a Campus Recruiter work with?
- A Campus Recruiter works with universities, career counselors, team leaders, and other educational institutions. They collaborate with hiring managers to define hiring needs and design internship programs.
- What skills should a Campus Recruiter have?
- A Campus Recruiter should have experience in recruiting or similar HR roles, knowledge of candidate evaluation techniques, familiarity with resume databases and Applicant Tracking Systems, social media sourcing skills, and understanding of labor legislation. Strong networking, communication, and organizational skills are essential.