Busser job description
A Busser is a restaurant professional who is responsible for making sure that tables are set, silverware is placed correctly and glasses stay full. They support the waiter staff to ensure all tables are set and cleared in a timely manner.
Use this Busser job description template to hire entry-level employees for your restaurant or fast food chain.
Busser responsibilities include:
- Preparing dining areas before guests are seated
- Decorating tables with candles, napkins, linens and flowers
- Placing tableware and condiments on tables
We are looking for a Busser to support our wait staff and set up our dining areas.
Busser responsibilities include serving plates, glasses and silverware, refilling beverages and cleaning tables. If you enjoy a fast-paced way of working and want to kickstart your career in the hospitality industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure our daily operations run smoothly and our guests have a pleasant dining experience.
- Prepare dining areas before guests are seated
- Decorate tables with candles, napkins, linens and flowers
- Place tableware and condiments on tables
- Serve water and welcome snacks, like breadsticks
- Refill beverages and take orders
- Remove dirty utensils and replenish, as needed
- Provide special silverware sets to families with young children
- Clean and reset tables after guests leave
- Maintain health and safety regulations at all kitchen and dining areas
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Busser, Food Runner or other entry-level role in a restaurant is a plus
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
- Degree in hospitality or restaurant management is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Busser do?
Bussers are responsible for providing a clean and pleasant dining experience by clearing, sanitizing or resetting tables. They ensure that the restaurant is well stocked with necessary items such as silverware, plates, napkins, and cups of water glasses.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Busser?
A Busser works in the back of restaurants, cleaning dishes and clearing tables. They stock supplies for their colleagues who are on the front lines serving customers as well as making sure flatware is available at any given time.
What makes a good Busser?
A successful Busser must be highly organized and detail-oriented. A skilled busser should have great hand-to-eye coordination with the ability to provide customer service that meets or exceeds expectations of both staff members and patrons alike!
Who does Busser work with?
A Busser will work with other Waiters and Waitresses to ensure tables are cleared and set in a timely manner. They may also work directly with restaurant patrons to answer questions and provide other support as needed.
Hiring Busser job description
Post this Busser job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.