Business Analyst responsibilities include:
- Defining configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Performing quality assurance
- Defining reporting and alerting requirements
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our software product’s features.
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Perform quality assurance
- Define reporting and alerting requirements
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- A degree in IT / Computer Science
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Business Analyst do?
- Business Analysts help improve efficiency by identifying areas that can be improved, strengthening processes where necessary, and communicating findings with those they work closely with throughout different levels in an organization’s hierarchy.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Business Analyst?
- A Business Analyst's role is multifaceted. They analyze and communicate data as it relates to trends in the company, but they also have a duty of providing recommendations that can help improve decision-making processes internally or at customer levels.
- What makes a good Business Analyst?
- The primary skills that make a good Business Analyst are communication, critical thinking, and process improvement. A Business Analyst must know their way around computers, have strong mathematic skills, and be an analytical thinker.
- Who does a Business Analyst work with?
- Business Analysts can be found working on a variety of teams within an organization. Typically they work on analytics teams and work in partnership with Project Managers and System Analysts.