This Billing Analyst job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Billing Analyst Responsibilities
- Issuing accurate invoices
- Handling customer complaints and resolving billing issues
- Keeping updated records of accounts receivable
We are looking for a Billing Analyst to undertake billing operations in our accounting department. We’ll count on you to issue invoices with a high degree of accuracy to guarantee our revenue.
Our Billing Analyst should have a keen eye for detail. You should also be comfortable working with little supervision to meet tight deadlines.
Your goal will be to monitor accounts receivable and ensure we bill our customers correctly.
- Issue and distribute invoices
- Process new contracts and sales
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure billing accuracy
- Address customer complaints and questions
- Keep track of accounts receivable and transactions
- Assist with customer account reconciliations
- Prepare and present analytical reports
- Support monthly and quarterly audits and clean ups
- Resolve any issues or mistakes
- Proven experience as a Billing Analyst or similar accounting role
- Good knowledge of electronic billing procedures
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); familiarity with databases and SQL is an asset
- Excellent communication ability
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- BSc/BA in accounting or similar field is preferred