What is a validation engineer?
Validation engineers evaluate systems and processes used to build products. They work in several fields, such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology or aerospace, among others.
What does a validation engineer do?
Validation engineers ensure products meet company requirements. They run tests and they analyze and document results. Validations engineers also monitor compliance with safety and quality regulations.
Validation engineer job duties also include:
- Calibrating and repairing systems
- Designing testing protocols
- Purchasing and maintaining equipment
When creating your own validation engineer job description, make sure to mention these duties in the responsibilities section.
Our company is looking for a validation engineer to ensure product and system quality. Your primary responsibility will be to evaluate engineering systems based on safety and performance standards. You’ll analyze results and update activity logs. Troubleshooting and maintaining equipment will also be part of your duties.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent mathematical and analytical skills. Knowledge of statistical analysis software (e.g. MATLAB) and manufacturing processes are also essential validation engineer skills to have.
If you are organized, detail-oriented and have a strong engineering background, we’d like to meet you.
- Establish performance and quality criteria
- Create and run quality tests based on appropriate protocols
- Evaluate engineering systems and processes
- Calibrate and repair systems and machinery
- Prepare and maintain testing equipment
- Keep and update activity logs
- Perform troubleshooting
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians on projects
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a validation engineer or in a similar role
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and safety regulations
- Knowledge of statistical software analysis (e.g. MATLAB)
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork skills
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering