Electrical Engineer job description
An Electrical Engineer is a skilled professional specializing in the design and development of electricity-related products, such as power systems and household appliances. They collaborate with electronics and transmission & distribution engineering fields to create essential components for modern living.
Use this electrical engineer job description sample to advertise engineering vacancies for your company. Feel free to modify the responsibilities and requirements based on your specific needs.
What is an electrical engineer?
Electrical engineers develop and test electronic products and systems for a wide range of projects, from small-scale (e.g. household devices) to large-scale (e.g. electrical power systems). They operate in several disciplines, such as Power Engineering, Signal Processing, and Micro-electronics, based on their expertise.
What does an electrical engineer do?
Electrical engineers apply the principles of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism to develop electrical products and systems. They perform risk assessments and ensure compliance with safety standards and electrical engineering codes. They also conduct research to create new applications.
Electrical Engineer job duties include:
- Designing and improving electrical products and systems
- Establishing manufacturing processes
- Evaluating systems’ safety, reliability, and performance
We are looking for an electrical engineer who will help us advance our electrical products, systems, and applications.
On a daily basis, you’ll carry out various engineering tasks, such as performing calculations to ensure our systems meet the global safety standards and collaborating with technicians and computer programmers to solve emerging issues. You’ll also research on manufacturing processes and analyze data and trends to create new products.
Ultimately, you will improve our company’s products and processes and contribute to its growth.
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems and products
- Develop manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time
- Define customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Perform quality and performance analysis on new and legacy IT systems
- Summarize data and report on test results
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans
Requirements and skills
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A degree in Electrical Engineering; MSc is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does an Electrical Engineer do?
Electrical engineers work to solve complicated problems by applying the principles of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. In addition, they ensure compliance with safety standards through their research on new applications for these technologies.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Electrical Engineer?
Electrical Engineers design and implement electrical systems, adhering to engineering codes and customer requirements. They analyze testing data and ensure manufacturing processes meet global standards. Thorough analysis skills are essential in this role.
What makes a good Electrical Engineer?
Electrical Engineers possess extensive knowledge of global manufacturing processes, covering equipment design, client site installation, and product delivery. They demonstrate expertise in design and calculation software, ensuring successful project execution.
Who does an Electrical Engineer work with?
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work closely with other engineers on projects to ensure they are completed successfully from start to finish. In addition, you will be collaborating with programmers and Computer Technicians to solve emerging issues.
Hiring Electrical Engineer job description
Post this Electrical Engineer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.