Transportation Manager job description
Use this Transportation Manager job description template to attract qualified candidates for your open roles.
Transportation Manager responsibilities include:
- Planning and supervising the shipments from production to the end-user
- Scheduling daily and weekly routes
- Tracking orders using functional systems (e.g. barcodes and tracking software)
We are looking for a Transportation Manager to plan and coordinate our daily product shipments.
To succeed in this role, you should have thorough knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles. You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations.
Ultimately, you will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Track orders using functional systems (e.g. barcodes and tracking software)
- Coordinate with Warehouse Workers to ensure proper storage and distribution of products
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of machines and handling of hazardous material)
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics software, like Freightview and 3PLink
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma
- BSc in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field is a plus
Hiring Transportation Manager job description
Post this Transportation Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.