This Order Picker job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Order Picker Responsibilities
- Receiving and checking incoming pick tickets
- Locating products using technology
- Retrieving orders according to quantity, size etc. ensuring accuracy
We are looking for an energetic Order Picker to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of products. You will operate warehouse equipment to build and send appropriate orders.
An order picker must be always on time and able to work long hours on their feet. They are strong and deft with an ability to “pick up” on small details. We also expect you to be “picky” when it comes to ensuring the quality of orders.
- Receive and check incoming pick tickets
- Locate products using technology
- Retrieve orders according to quantity, size etc. ensuring accuracy
- Build pallets with orders and position them to loading docks
- Wrap orders before loading on trucks
- Re-stock inventory manually or with warehouse equipment
- Keep records of completed orders
- Maintain equipment and report on malfunctions
- Adhere to health & safety policies and quality standards
- Proven experience as order picker or other warehouse position
- Experience or license in handling forklifts, pallets jacks and other warehouse equipment
- Experience in voice picking systems or RF devices
- Able to read and write in English
- Great attention to detail
- Diligent and punctual
- Good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred