This Strategic account manager job description template lists all essential qualifications you should look for in candidates. It’s also easy to customize to meet your specific position’s requirements.
We are looking for a Strategic account manager to play a critical role in building relationships with significant clients. Our ideal candidate should ensure client satisfaction and be able to identify new opportunities to increase sales.
As a Strategic account manager, you will represent our company and interact with major clients. So, if you have excellent communication skills with a customer service attitude, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be responsible for achieving sales quota and strategic account targets.
- Manage our key accounts portfolio
- Achieve assigned strategic account objectives
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner
- Act as the liaison between key customers and internal teams
- Identify and approach new potential strategic customers
- Monitor sales performance metrics
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecasts
- Proven work experience as a Strategic account manager or Key account manager
- Solid sales experience in B2B environment
- Hands on experience with CRM software and Account management systems
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- An ability to address customer requests in a timely manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel as needed
- BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
- Also see our more general job description for an Account Manager that can be tailored to your needs.