Senior System Administrator job description
Use this Senior System Administrator job description template to attract and hire qualified candidates for your IT department.
Senior System Administrator responsibilities include:
- Configuring internal systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues
- Supervising the Operations team
We are looking for a Senior System Administrator to join our IT department. You’ll be responsible for managing our server and network infrastructures.
Senior System Administrator responsibilities include supervising our Operations team, monitoring system performance and configuring new software and hardware. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems.
Ultimately, you will ensure our software, hardware, servers and networks run smoothly.
- Configure internal systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Supervise the Operations team
- Upgrade the network infrastructure
- Install servers, devices and firewalls
- Train new system users and set up their accounts
- Monitor the performance of servers, software and hardware
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications
- Update technical documentation
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Senior System Administrator
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks
- Knowledge of system security techniques
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Team management abilities
- BSc in Computer Science or similar field
Hiring Senior System Administrator job description
Post this Senior System Administrator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.