Senior Financial Analyst job description
A Senior Finance Analyst is a professional who uses budgeting, forecasting, modeling, and reporting to ensure that their company's financial status stays on track.
Senior Financial Analyst responsibilities include:
- Developing financial models through benchmarking and process analysis
- Forecasting quarterly and annual profits
- Preparing cost projections
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to forecast revenues and expenditures and advise us on future budgeting.
For this role, you should hold a degree in Finance or Accounting (ideally with a CFA certification) followed by relevant work experience. Knowledge of forecasting models and cost accounting processes are key requirements for this position. You will explore investment options and set company-wide financial policies.
Ultimately, you will ensure our financial planning is healthy and profitable and aligns with business objectives.
- Develop financial models through benchmarking and process analysis
- Forecast quarterly and annual profits
- Prepare cost projections
- Analyze and report on current financial status
- Conduct thorough research of historical financial data
- Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities
- Coordinate with the CFO and the executive team on long-term financial planning
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in budgeting (for departments and projects)
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy
- Establish financial policies
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst or similar role
- Hands-on experience with financial and statistical software
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas)
- Familiarity with finance databases
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Up-to-date with accounting laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Senior Finance Analyst do?
Senior financial analysts are responsible for performing a variety of tasks that help to make sure the company's finances stay on track. These include budgeting, forecasting, and modeling in addition to reporting duties which can involve anything from preparing reports all the way up to assisting with close processes like sell-offs or mergers.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Senior Finance Analyst?
Senior Financial Analysts are responsible for examining data, then using their findings to make decisions about investment portfolios. They also help oversee other members of the finance department and prepare proposals that will be approved by CFOs in order to maintain budgeting targets set out before them.
What makes a good Senior Finance Analyst?
A good Senior Finance Analyst will have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. They will have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to work with others in teams on complex problems or assignments where multiple approaches may be needed for success. They will also have excellent supervisory and leadership qualities.
Who does a Senior Finance Analyst work with?
A Senior Finance Analyst will work with Junior Financial Analysts and all the way up to the Chief Financial Officer of the company.
Hiring Senior Financial Analyst job description
Post this Senior Financial Analyst job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.