We are looking for a Scrum Master to coordinate and coach our software development team.
What is a scrum master?
Put simply, you’ll be our go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies.
Ultimately, you’ll help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints.
Scrum Master experience and skills
You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You’ll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects (occasionally facilitating changes) with your mind set on deliverables. If you’re a strong communicator, a capable leader and your’re invested in Agile frameworks, we’d like to meet you.
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field
- Scrum master certification is a plus