Product Owner responsibilities include:
- Incorporating feature requests into product roadmap
- Grooming and prioritizing backlog
- Developing user stories and defining acceptance criteria
We are looking for a Product Owner to organize, prioritize and assess work for our scrum team.
Product Owner responsibilities include gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out products that deliver our company’s vision.
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap
- Groom and prioritize backlog
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Familiarity with agile is a plus
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Product Owner do?
A Product Owner ensures that everyone who's involved with a project knows what needs to be done and why. They are knowledgeable about an organization’s goals and also bridge communication gaps in their team to make sure there aren't any unnecessary conflicts or confusion.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Product Owner?
Product Owners have many day-to-day responsibilities, such as reviewing feature requests and determining which ones can be implemented in the next release, prioritizing backlog items for the development team, and creating product roadmaps for testing.
What makes a good Product Owner?
A good Product Owner should have an understanding of what customers want from their products. They must develop their products in such a way that satisfies all criteria given by clients and also work effectively and efficiently.
Who does a Product Owner work with?
Typically, a Product Owner will work with a team of designers and engineers, but they also work with a Product Manager to identify consumer needs and apply them to their products.