This Product Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Product Manager responsibilities include:
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Developing product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Product Manager do?
- A Product Manager is a professional who combines both product planning and marketing to manage the entire life cycle of one project. They're responsible for gathering customer requirements and defining their vision with engineering as well as overseeing product strategy, pricing and positioning strategies.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Product Manager?
- The Product Manager is responsible for gathering and prioritizing customer requirements to create winning products. Their primary responsibility lies in defining a clear vision that aligns with engineering team goals while keeping up-to-date on all developments essential to achieving our desired outcomes.
- What makes a good Product Manager?
- A great Product Manager needs to have attention to detail, excellent communication skills, knowledge about the market they're working within and industry trends to develop and oversee a successful product strategy.
- Who does A Product Manager work with?
- Product Managers work with teams of Associate Product Managers on development projects, defining features that will satisfy user needs while staying within budget constraints. They estimate how much time it'll take to complete these tasks based on experience or demographic data about users' preferences to set expectations, so there aren't any surprises when releasing new updates every few months.