We are looking for an experienced school psychologist to join our team and cater for our students’ mental health and wellbeing.
Together with teachers, administrators, and other specialists (e.g. occupational therapists), you’ll design effective programs for children who face social or emotional problems, developmental or learning disorders, and disabilities. You’ll implement these programs in individual or group sessions. You will also occasionally counsel and guide parents and teachers.
To succeed in this role, it’s important to be able to analyze complex information from different sources (e.g. reports, school grades, teacher perspectives, etc.). Compassion, patience, and resilience will help you meet the daily job tasks and be a good role model for our students.
If you see yourself in this role and you want to make a difference in our students’ lives, we’d like to meet you.
- Design mental-health intervention and prevention programs
- Implement counseling and educational methods (e.g. breathing or mental imagery techniques)
- Collaborate with educational staff to create coordinated plans
- Evaluate and report on student progress (e.g. using psychometric tests)
- Set learning goals based on each student’s emotional, cognitive, and social strengths
- Refer students to community services if needed
- Research new methods to improve children’s wellbeing (e.g. mindfulness)
- Resolve classroom or school crises
- Mentor and support teachers of high-risk children
- Guide parents in facilitating children’s progress
- Proven experience as a school psychologist in a diverse educational setting
- Knowledge of various methods to prevent or treat mental-health problems and other difficulties
- Strong understanding of state education policies and regulations
- Effective communication and counseling skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- A positive, patient, and resilient personality
- State license to work as a school psychologist
- Master’s degree in School Psychology or similar educational field; a Ph.D or Psy.D is a plus