This Public Relations Specialist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Similar titles include Public Relations Officer.
Public Relations Specialist Responsibilities
- Formulating PR plans and strategies
- Enhancing the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Managing media relations and requests
We are looking for a competent Public Relations (PR) Specialist to shape and protect our corporate image in ways that promote our business, values and mission. You’ll be responsible for maintaining media relations and collaborating with marketing teams in promotional activities.
We expect to see candidates who can impress us with their copywriting and presentation skills. We’ll be on the lookout for experience in corporate communications, project management and social media. Throw a lot of enthusiasm and a pleasant personality into the mix and you’ll be our ideal candidate.
The goal is to maintain positive public awareness of the company and its brand.
- Formulate PR plans and strategies
- Enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Manage media relations and requests
- Write press releases, speeches and other PR copy
- Plan and supervise events, fairs, conferences etc.
- Support the implementation of promotional plans
- Present solutions in times of PR crisis
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors
- Lead survey initiatives and analyze public opinion
- Proven experience as public relations specialist or similar position
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Proficiency in English
- A creative yet practical mind
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, journalism or relevant field