This Public Relations (PR) Director job description template is optimized with essential skills to help you attract qualified candidates. This template is also easy to post to online job boards and careers pages.
Public Relations (PR) Director responsibilities include:
- Setting objectives for the PR team and monitoring team members’ performance
- Maximizing brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, TV and social media)
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with media and influential professionals
We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Director to design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness.
If you’re interested in leading our PR team to write effective press releases, build online communities and coordinate events, we would like to meet you. You will use your creative ideas to drive PR initiatives that’ll bring long-term success. Also, you’ll coordinate with internal teams (e.g. Marketing and Communications) to maximize brand consistency in all advertising efforts.
Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence.
- Set objectives for the PR team and monitor team members’ performance
- Maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, TV and social media)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
- Ensure brand consistency in all advertising efforts
- Organize PR events to increase awareness of our company
- Assign tasks and projects to the PR team
- Track and influence media coverage
- Report on PR campaigns’ results
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain company’s good reputation
- Proven work experience as a Public Relations (PR) Director, PR Manager or similar role
- Solid experience coordinating successful PR campaigns
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Creative abilities
- Team management skills
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field