Public Relations Manager responsibilities include:
- Coordinating all public relations activities
- Developing a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
We are seeking a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
Frequently asked questions
What does a Public Relations Manager do?
A Public Relations Manager helps shape their organization's point of view to their audience through interviews, media releases, and other forms of communication. They monitor social, economic, and political trends that may affect them.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Public Relations Manager?
Public Relations Managers have many different day-to-day responsibilities, such as coordinating all organization activities, developing effective marketing strategies and tactics to achieve goals, and promoting the organization in print and broadcast media outlets.
What makes a good Public Relations Manager?
A good Public Relations Manager has the confidence to challenge their colleagues and clients when they're wrong. They must also have strong communication skills in order to engage in conversation with clients and media outlets for the organization.
Who does a Public Relations Manager work with?
Typically, Public Relations Managers work with a PR team headed by a Public Relations Director to maximize brand awareness and marketing strategy.