Product Designer responsibilities include:
- Identifying opportunities for new products
- Analyzing how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences
- Setting design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
We are looking for a Product Designer to work on various products we develop for our customers.
Product Designer responsibilities include defining product specifications, creating digital or print drawings and designing fully-functional products. To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for color and shape and be able to translate requirements into practical product features.
Ultimately, you will help us build products that are easy to use and visually appealing to our potential customers.
- Identify opportunities for new products
- Analyze how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
- Research materials and techniques
- Sketch drafts on paper or digitally (for example, using CAD)
- Use 3D modeling software to design products and components
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Improve the design of existing products
- Gather feedback from product users
- Work experience as a Product Designer or similar role
- Experience in industrial design
- Creativity in mixing up colors, shapes and techniques
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) tools
- Good knowledge of 3D modeling software
- Experience with design programs (like Illustrator and Sketch)
- Time-management skills
- BSc/MSc in Product Design, Manufacturing Design Engineering or relevant field