Pharmacist responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organizing the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintaining full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products
As a pharmacist you will be responsible for preparing and administering appropriate pharmaceuticals to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs.
The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions.
The pharmacist must be fully qualified to interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or to be referred to the suitable doctor. Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals.
The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Listen carefully to customers to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
- Provide assistance other medical services such as injections, blood pressure/ temperature measurements etc.
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
- Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a pharmacist
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Pharmacy information systems (eg. MediTech, Mediware etc.)
- Good organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach
- Integrity and compassion
- Degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacology
- Valid licence to practice the profession
Frequently asked questions
What does a Pharmacist do?
Pharmacists are professionals who dispense medications and offer expertise in using them safely and living healthier lives. Pharmacists also provide health screenings immunizations against diseases and oversee how much medication patients take each day.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Pharmacist?
Pharmacists are responsible for checking and dispensing medication compounding pharmacy medicines if they are unavailable from other sources such as suppliers or manufacturers. They also provide health advice based on an analysis of symptoms reported by clients.
What makes a good Pharmacist?
A good pharmacist has an excellent moral character and is honest with patients about their medications. They take responsibility for caring for them through questions, which helps meet the needs of each patient while also maintaining professionalism at all times.
Who does a Pharmacist work with?
Pharmacists collaborate with Pharmacy Technicians to provide patient education, recommend appropriate medications for their patient's needs, and prepare them if needed.