Pharmaceutical Sales Representative responsibilities include:
- Assessing clients needs and present suitable promoted products
- Liaising with and persuading targeted doctors to prescribe our products utilizing effective sales skills
- Providing product information and deliver product samples
We are looking for a competitive Pharmaceutical Sales Representative who can thrive in a fast-paced business environment. The Pharmacy Sales Rep will act as the key link between our company and healthcare professionals and you will aim at meeting sales targets.
As a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep, your goal is to increase the visibility and awareness of our company’s pharmaceutical and medical products and maximize sales growth.
- Assess clients needs and present suitable promoted products
- Liaise with and persuade targeted doctors to prescribe our products utilizing effective selling skills and performing cost-benefit analysis
- Provide product information and deliver product samples
- Attend sales meetings, conference calls, training sessions and symposium circuits
- Work with sales team to develop strategies and implement brand strategies to ensure a consistent marketing message
- Build positive trust relationships with medical representatives to influence targeted group in the decision making process
- Monitor and analyze data and market conditions to identify competitive advantage
- Keep accurate records and documentation for reporting and feedback
- Pursue continuous learning and professional development and stay up-to-date with latest medical data
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Pharmaceutical Rep or in Medical Sales
- Familiarity with databases, statistics, product lines and latest medical issues
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication, negotiation and sales skills
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- BS degree in relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative do?
- A Pharmaceutical Sales Representative travels to hospitals and clinics to educate and sell the company’s medications to healthcare decision-makers.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative?
- A Pharmaceutical Sales Representative’s main responsibilities are serving clients by selling pharmaceutical products and meeting their needs. They travel frequently within their assigned territory and visit hospitals and doctor’s offices to give presentations and educate about the company’s pharmaceuticals.
- What makes a good Pharmaceutical Sales Representative?
- A good Pharmaceutical Sales Representative should have excellent people skills as most of the time they will be interacting with potential customers. They should have strong product knowledge, prospecting, and closing skills, have the determination for sales, and be able to travel at a moment’s notice.
- Who does a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative work with?
- A Pharmaceutical Sales Representative typically works on their own but interacts daily with prospective and current customers such as Physicians, Surgeons, and medical specialists. They can report to the Vice President of Sales or Sales Director in a large organization.