Looking for a job?
Find related jobs in Workable’s job board
Need more interview questions?
Generate a complete list in seconds with AI
Medical Sales Representative Interview Questions
Medical Sales Representatives act as the liaison between your company and healthcare professionals (e.g. hospitals, clinics and doctors’ practices.) Their goal is to promote and sell pharmaceutical products on behalf of your company and build long-term relationships with clients.
When interviewing, keep an eye out for candidates with dynamic personalities. Successful Medical Sales Representatives (or Pharmaceutical Sales Reps) feel at ease when talking to other people. They’re also able to explain product details and present advantages that pique a potential customer’s interest.
Use the following interview questions to identify potential hires who will achieve sales quotas and discover new business opportunities. Medical Sales Representatives are the face of your company to clients, so make sure the candidates you hire demonstrate professionalism and genuine interest in the role.
Operational and Situational questions
- Who do you think our clients are and what would you suggest to increase our market share?
- How do you reorganize your schedule if a potential customer cancels your appointment on a very short (or without any) notice?
- How would you sell one of our products to a potential customer who uses a competitor’s product?
- We are launching a new medical product. What information would you need to promote it?
- Describe your responsibilities briefly, starting from the time you’re assigned a new client.
- When do you stop pursuing a client? Why?
- This position requires visiting different clinics daily. Do you own a vehicle? How would you stay motivated while pitching products to multiple businesses?
- How flexible are your working hours?
- How often do you communicate with existing clients?
- Do you have experience selling medical products? Why did you choose this field?
- Have you had negative experiences dealing with clients? If so, what were they and how did you handle them?
- What’s your greatest professional success so far?
- Have you ever failed to reach a sales quota? What happened and what did you learn from the experience?
- Do you prefer to work in a team or on your own? Why?