Nuclear engineer job description
Use this nuclear engineer job description template to advertise your job openings and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
What is a nuclear engineer?
Nuclear engineers research nuclear energy and radiation processes to develop systems and equipment (e.g. medical devices).
What does a nuclear engineer do?
Nuclear engineers develop nuclear technology and applications of radiation. They research ways of utilizing nuclear power and design new systems and products (e.g. radiation cores). They also monitor operations in power plants and follow safety standards.
Nuclear engineer job description duties include:
- Conducting research to determine use of nuclear power
- Developing nuclear energy products and systems
- Creating and implementing safety protocols
How do you become a nuclear engineer?
Nuclear engineers usually have a degree in Nuclear Engineering or similar field. Professionals who specialize in nuclear engineering research have a master’s or PhD in relevant disciplines. Nuclear engineers are detail-oriented and have strong mathematical skills.
When crafting your own nuclear engineer job description, make sure to include these skills and qualifications in the requirements.
We are looking for a nuclear engineer to research methods of utilizing nuclear energy and design useful nuclear systems. You’ll monitor and report on engineering processes, including nuclear waste disposal and safety regulations.
To succeed in this role, you should have excellent mathematical and analytical skills. You should also be able to handle complex machinery and resolve on-site emergencies.
If you meet these requirements, and have an innate interest in the safe and progressive development of nuclear energy, we’d like to meet you.
- Develop and design nuclear products and processes (e.g radiation shielding)
- Supervise progress of engineering projects
- Identify innovative uses of nuclear energy
- Monitor production and disposal of nuclear waste
- Research and test nuclear processes and methods
- Oversee operation activities in power plants
- Implement safety protocols for radioactive materials
- Attend trainings to inform on new trends and technology
- Resolve problems and emergencies onsite
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a nuclear engineer or in a similar role
- Hands-on experience managing complex machinery
- Excellent understanding of safety rules and laws on nuclear power use
- Great mathematical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Degree in Nuclear Engineering or similar field; a Master’s or PhD is a plus
- Engineering license is required
Hiring Nuclear engineer job description
Post this Nuclear engineer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.