Use this Night Auditor job description template to advertise your job openings and attract qualified candidates for your organization or hotel.
Night Auditor responsibilities include:
- Checking in guests and handling their overnight requests
- Handling end-of-day bookkeeping, auditing and account reconciliation
- Complete all EOD tasks and ensure other departments have done the same
We’re looking for a Night Auditor to assist guests with their overnight requests and balance accounts from the day shift.
Night Auditor responsibilities include checking in guests, handling their requests and taking reservations. The Night Auditor also reconciles all accounts, processes invoices and prepares paychecks.
Ultimately, you will provide excellent customer service to guests and keep the front desk and accounting operations running smoothly.
- Check in guests, answer phones and take reservations
- Respond to guest complaints, requests and emergencies
- Process invoices, post checks to vendors and distribute employee checks
- Reconcile accounts
- Balance the cash drawer and log receipts
- Investigate and resolve out-of-balance accounts
- Keep accurate financial records and ledgers
- Help prepare for forecasts and audits
- Proven experience as a Night Auditor or in a similar role, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Experience with accounting and facilities management software
- Excellent math skills
- An eye for detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work overnight
- BSc in accounting, finance or relevant field