This Mortgage Loan Processor job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Mortgage Loan Processor Responsibilities
- Performing a general evaluation of an application (financial documents, mortgage type etc.)
- Helping client choose the most appropriate mortgage
- Gathering all important data from client (assets, debts etc.)
We are looking for an efficient Mortgage Loan Processor to process mortgage loan files and help clients submit complete applications. You will gather all necessary documentation and spot mistakes to ensure approval for the mortgage.
If you want to succeed as a mortgage loan processor, you should be highly detail oriented. Customer service and communication skills are key since you’ll be the glue that binds all interested parties, from clients to underwriters. Mortgage loan processors should also have an aptitude in math and excellent time management skills.
- Perform a general evaluation of an application (financial documents, mortgage type etc.)
- Help client choose the most appropriate mortgage
- Gather all important data from client (assets, debts etc.)
- Verify information and references by contacting the right sources
- Correct mistakes and investigate inconsistencies
- Submit completed loan files for appraisal
- Act as point of contact between loan officers, underwriters and clients
- Conduct a final review of the file before closing
- Proven experience as mortgage loan processor or similar position
- Understanding of loan underwriting and processing procedures
- Knowledge of legislation and best practices
- Proficient in mortgage loan computer software (e.g. Calyx Point)
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-organized and able to handle pressure
- Math skills
- High school diploma; bachelor’s will be preferred