We are looking for a Material Handler to help organize our storage areas and maintain our inventory. Your job will be to prepare and fulfil orders fast and correctly so we can provide high-quality customer service.
What is a material handler?
Material Handlers are integral warehouse workers. The main material handler duties revolve around placing incoming orders on shelves and picking merchandise according to specific customer requirements. As a Material Handler, you’ll also monitor inventory and communicate any shortages.
Key Material Handler skills
You should have great attention to detail to maintain accurate records. Some physical strength is required since you may often need to lift packages by hand. If you’re also reliable and fast on your feet, we’d like to meet you.
- Check incoming deliveries to make sure all ordered material meets quality standards
- Load and unload packages
- Organize stock in the most efficient way using forklifts, pallets, cranes etc.
- Receive and check incoming pick tickets
- Pull material to fulfil orders properly
- Wrap orders and place them on trucks for delivery
- Monitor inventory levels and suggest new orders when needed
- Document orders, materials and any stock movements
- Proven experience as a Material Handler, Warehouse Associate or similar position
- Familiarity with voice picking systems or RF devices is a plus
- Experience in using warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks)
- Strong communication skills
- Dexterity and attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- License to operate forklifts
- Availability to occasionally work overtime
- High school diploma