This Job Coach job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Job Coach Responsibilities
- Developing effective job coaching and employment plans
- Communicating with clients to understand their goals and ambitions
- Assisting clients to discover and overcome their personal barriers and set goals
Hiring a job coach? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a competent Job coach to help people enhance their strengths and improve their job skills. You may work with professionals who want guidance for career development or people with disabilities who need assistance in functioning in a workplace.
A job coach must be a mentor eager to support their fellow people. You must be able to discover people’s strengths and weaknesses and tell them what works best for them. Having communication skills partnered with critical thinking are prerequisites for this job.
- Develop effective job coaching and employment plans
- Communicate with clients to understand their goals and ambitions
- Assist clients to discover and overcome their personal barriers and set goals
- Assess the strengths of individuals and teach them to use them effectively
- Guide clients in learning to complete job tasks
- Help in the development of motivation and skills
- Provide coaching in effective job search techniques
- Assist people with disabilities in developing social and life skills
- Advise on workplace accommodations for people with disabilities
- Monitor and evaluate progress of clients
- Keep records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports
- Proven experience as job coach
- Experience in working with people with disabilities is a plus
- Experience in developing employment plans
- Ability to adhere to regulations and standards
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving ability
- Respect to diversity
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in social studies or relevant field is a plus