This IT Technician job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
IT Technician Responsibilities
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)