This Forklift Operator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Forklift Operator responsibilities include:
- Unloading materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stacking them to assigned places
- Locating and moving stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identifying damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
We are looking for a careful forklift operator to move packages and material around our facilities. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. Your job could involve driving around warehouses, storage spaces and other facilities.
You must be a responsible individual with great experience in driving industrial vehicles. The goal will be to ensure that material and products will always be at the right place to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Unload materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stack them to assigned places
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Transport raw materials to production workstations
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance
- Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- High school diploma
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Forklift Operator do?
- A Forklift Operator's job is to make sure that materials are transported around warehouses, factories and storage sites.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Forklift Operator?
- Forklift Operators use forklifts for unloading deliveries and stacking boxes and other items. They are responsible for ensuring items are transported and stored safely without damaging products.
- What makes a good Forklift Operator?
- A good Forklift Operator needs to have excellent hand-eye coordination to operate a forklift close to shelves and other workers in a warehouse, factory and storage site. They also need to communicate with other employees to ensure workers are safe throughout their shift.
- Who does a Forklift Operator work with?
- Forklift Operators work with Maintenance Workers and other crew members throughout their shift.