This Forklift Operator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Forklift Operator responsibilities include:
- Unloading materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stacking them to assigned places
- Locating and moving stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identifying damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
We are looking for a careful forklift operator to move packages and material around our facilities. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. Your job could involve driving around warehouses, storage spaces and other facilities.
You must be a responsible individual with great experience in driving industrial vehicles. The goal will be to ensure that material and products will always be at the right place to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Unload materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stack them to assigned places
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Transport raw materials to production workstations
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance
- Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- High school diploma
Frequently asked questions
What does a Forklift Operator do?
A Forklift Operator's job is to make sure that materials are transported around warehouses, factories and storage sites.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Forklift Operator?
Forklift Operators use forklifts for unloading deliveries and stacking boxes and other items. They are responsible for ensuring items are transported and stored safely without damaging products.
What makes a good Forklift Operator?
A good Forklift Operator needs to have excellent hand-eye coordination to operate a forklift close to shelves and other workers in a warehouse, factory and storage site. They also need to communicate with other employees to ensure workers are safe throughout their shift.
Who does a Forklift Operator work with?
Forklift Operators work with Maintenance Workers and other crew members throughout their shift.