Drafter responsibilities include:
- Liaising with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculating dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describing production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
We are looking for a Drafter to work with our team of Architects and Engineers and convert designs into technical plans.
Drafter responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with building processes, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help us build functional, secure and well-designed products and structures that meet our needs.
- Liaise with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance
- Proven work experience as a Drafter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Engineering, Architecture or degree from a technical college
- Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) is a plus