This Architect job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Architect responsibilities include:
- Controlling projects from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Using the construction “brief” to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals
- Developing architecture in line with client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental impact
We are seeking a creative and skilled Architect to lead all aspects of architectural work, from initial planning to overseeing construction.
You will be responsible for designing new buildings, extensions, renovations, and restorations, ensuring they meet client requirements and align with sustainability principles.
Your role will involve collaborating with clients, engineers, and contractors to deliver functional and visually appealing designs. By employing your right-brained thinking and technical expertise, you will contribute to the creation of architectural masterpieces that enhance the built environment.
Join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping the future through innovative and sustainable architectural designs.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Take the “brief” to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental impact
- Produce detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections
- Compile project specifications
- Keep within budgets and timelines
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Make on site visits to check on project status and report on project
- Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals
- Follow architectural trends and advancements
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as an Architect
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software (Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar)
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Communication and project management skills
- BS degree in Architecture
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Architect do?
- Architects design structures and spaces, from office buildings to homes. They might also be in charge of planning outdoor areas like stadiums or parks, but they often work with clients on architectural projects.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Architect?
- An Architect will begin by discussing and agreeing on the initial proposal. They then develop final construction plans that show what is to be built, including its appearance or details like air conditioning systems, ventilating options for windows, and other related equipment such as electrical wiring.
- What makes a good Architect?
- An Architect must have vision and creativity for their designs to meet and exceed expectations while looking at every opportunity where innovation can be promoted. Other essential skills include resourcefulness, foresight, collaboration, and leadership.
- Who does an Architect work with?
- Architects work directly with clients to understand their goals and develop plans. They also consult with Engineers and work with Construction Managers to oversee the process.