Controller responsibilities include:
- Documenting, monitoring and updating accounting policies
- Ensuring all payments are completed on time
- Reviewing quarterly and annual budgets for all departments
We are looking for a Controller to develop accounting policies and oversee all financial procedures of our company.
What does a Controller do?
As a Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage accounting transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with risk management.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we comply with accounting regulations, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
- Document, monitor and update accounting policies
- Ensure all payments are completed on time (including accounts payable and bank deposits)
- Review quarterly and annual budgets for all departments
- Analyze costs and profits
- Set and track financial KPIs
- Build risk assessment models to evaluate investments
- Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems
- Perform internal audits and assist with external audits
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- BSc or MSc in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA preferred