This Consultant job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
- Undertaking short-term or long-term projects to address a variety of issues and needs
- Meeting with management or appropriate staff to understand their requirements
- Using interviews, surveys etc. to collect necessary data
We are looking for a knowledgeable Consultant to give solid advice in their field of expertise. You will be responsible for analyzing a situation and providing a fresh perspective. You will discover the most suitable solutions whether it is proposing a new IT system or implementing a full strategic plan.
A great consultant is an expert in matters concerning their field. They have an excellent skill in identifying the cause of problems and presenting their solutions in a comprehensive and detailed manner.
The goal is to help our business be more functional and successful.
- Undertake short-term or long-term projects to address a variety of issues and needs
- Meet with management or appropriate staff to understand their requirements
- Use interviews, surveys etc. to collect necessary data
- Conduct situational and data analysis to identify and understand a problem or issue
- Present and explain findings to appropriate executives
- Provide advice or suggestions for improvement according to objectives
- Formulate plans to implement recommendations and overcome objections
- Arrange for or provide training to people affected by change
- Evaluate the situation periodically and make adjustments when needed
- Replenish knowledge of industry, products and field
- Proven experience as consultant
- Experience in project management
- Thorough knowledge of field of expertise and willingness to keep abreast of advancements
- Knowledge of data analysis and research techniques
- Knowledge of business software and IT systems
- Ability to develop detailed proposals and plans
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Analytical and creative
- A great listener with ability to communicate with people of diverse disciplines
- BSc/BA in business or relevant discipline; Further qualifications in a specialized field will be a plus
- Certification in consulting or field of expertise is an advantage