CNC Operator responsibilities include:
- Preparing and operating CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understanding specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translating instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
We are looking for a competent CNC Operator to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Your job is important since some materials are not easy to shape or handle manually or with conventional equipment.
CNC Operators are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential.
The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as CNC operator
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
- Successfully completed apprenticeship is required
Frequently asked questions
What does a CNC Operator do?
The CNC Operator safely and efficiently loads raw materials and sets up accessories. They keep detailed records to perform maintenance procedures on any machine needed by the production line or department. They also ensure systems meet requirements from management while following company policy.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a CNC Operator?
The CNC Operator is responsible for safely loading and unloading raw materials and setting up any equipment or accessories needed during production. They also calibrate all necessary items according to manufacturer guidelines to run smoothly. They also have the duty of keeping detailed records while working with other employees.
What makes a Good CNC Operator?
A successful CNC Operator has an eye for detail and can efficiently perform calculations. However, they must also be able to think quickly on their feet while working in a fast-paced environment. This is important as mistakes can cost money to their employer and could lead to safety concerns.
Who does a CNC Operator works with?
CNC Operators work with Construction Workers, who assist Operators in various projects, ensuring everything within their system runs smoothly. A construction worker may also help with an Operator's duties in unloading and carrying materials at construction sites or other plants.