Business Manager job description
A Business Manager is a professional who is responsible for leading and supervising employees to ensure productivity efficiency of operations and providing direction on how best to handle different tasks while maintaining customer satisfaction. Business Managers help implement strategies that will help generate revenue or profitability.
This Business Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Modify the business management job duties and responsibilities below to fit the needs of your company's current hires.
Business Manager responsibilities include:
- Developing business management goals and objectives that tend to growth and prosperity
- Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Ensuring that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities
We are looking for an experienced Business Manager to lead and oversee the work of employees in our company. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters business. They will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture.
The goal will be to ensure the profitability of our company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
- Develop goals and objectives that tend to growth and prosperity
- Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.)
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Gather, analyze and interpret external and internal data and write reports
- Assess overall company performance against objectives
- Represent the company in events, conferences etc.
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as business manager or relevant role
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- BSc/Ba in Business Management or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Business Manager do?
A Business Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing all operations in their company. They implement strategies to ensure productivity while also evaluating how well the business performed on various tasks within a specific time frame.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Business Manager?
When it comes to managing a company, many responsibilities fall under the purview of a Business Manager. Duties include identifying opportunities for growth in both current and prospective markets while also establishing goals and objectives concerning these prospects. They do everything from developing comprehensive budgets to performing periodic financial analyses.
What makes a good Business Manager?
A good Business Manager needs to master the skills of planning and organizing. They must also know how to lead people effectively according to their management needs and exhibit sound judgment.
Who does a Business Manager work with?
Business Managers usually work alongside General Managers when developing strategies and plans for growth.
Hiring Business Manager job description
Post this Business Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.