Aircraft Mechanic job description
Share this aircraft mechanic job description template on job boards and career pages to advertise your vacancies. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
What is an aircraft mechanic?
Aircraft mechanics maintain and repair aircraft systems and their components. They oversee the operation of various aircraft types, including helicopters and jets.
What does an aircraft mechanic do?
Aircraft mechanics inspect mechanical, hydraulic and structural systems and diagnose malfunctions. They use power and hand tools (e.g. saws, grinders) to repair aircraft parts. For example, they fix broken wings and leaks. Aircraft mechanics also ensure compliance with aviation safety rules and regulations.
Aircraft mechanic duties include:
- Using complex manuals and blueprints
- Updating maintenance and repair logs
- Running diagnostic tests
What skills do you need to be an aircraft mechanic?
Aircraft mechanics usually hold a certification for aviation mechanics (e.g. from the Federal Aviation Administration in the US). Troubleshooting, attention to detail, and manual dexterity are some of the most essential aircraft mechanic skills to have.
When building your own aircraft mechanic job description, make sure to include these skills along with any other specific requirements you may have.
Our company is looking for an aircraft mechanic to ensure aircrafts operate properly and securely, based on regional safety regulations. Your primary responsibilities include maintaining and repairing system components. You’ll detect malfunctions and fix them using power and hand tools. You will not be alone in this; you’ll work closely with your supervisor and other mechanics to deliver quick and efficient solutions.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent manual dexterity and stamina. Hands-on experience with complex equipment is also a must-have skill for you. If you are analytical, detail-oriented with a keen interest in mechanics and aircrafts, we’d like to hear from you.
- Perform regular system inspections
- Maintain systems and equipment
- Use gauges and diagnostic tests to detect malfunctions
- Repair or replace broken aircraft parts
- Perform troubleshooting
- Keep maintenance and repair logs
- Use power and hand tools (e.g. cranes, grinders)
- Understand and apply guidelines from manuals and blueprints
- Ensure compliance with regional safety regulations
- Collaborate with other mechanics and electricians
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a petroleum engineer or in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with drilling equipment
- Great mathematical and IT skills
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Available for travel to different locations on a regular basis
- Professional engineering license is required
- A degree in engineering is a must; MSc is preferred
Hiring Aircraft Mechanic job description
Post this Aircraft Mechanic job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.