What is a maintenance mechanic?
Maintenance mechanics install, repair, and maintain systems, such as engines and vehicles.
What does a maintenance mechanic do?
Maintenance mechanics perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting. They check system functionality by running diagnostic tests. They also use power and hand tools (e.g. hosts and cranes) to install new systems and replace defective parts.
Overall, maintenance mechanic duties include:
- Repairing devices
- Installing complex mechanical systems
- Ensuring compliance with safety procedures and regulations
When building your own maintenance mechanic job description, make sure to tailor responsibilities and requirements to the position at hand.
We are looking for a maintenance mechanic to install machines and ensure they are operating properly. Your primary responsibilities will be to perform preventive maintenance on various devices and fix technical issues.
Excellent problem-solving skills and deep understanding of mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics are crucial to this role. This role also requires physical stamina and strength, as you’ll have to stand for long hours and occasionally carry heavy loads.
- Conduct preventive maintenance to mechanical devices
- Detect malfunctions through observation (sound or visual)
- Run diagnostic tests to ensure system functionality
- Repair broken or faulty machine parts
- Perform emergency repairs
- Choose appropriate materials based on mechanical needs
- Align and calibrate machine parts
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Follow safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Previous experience as a maintenance mechanic or similar role
- Great understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanics
- Familiarity using various power and hand tools, such as hosts and grinders
- Ability to stand for long hours and lift heavy loads
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Degree in engineering or manufacturing
- A driver’s license is a plus