We are looking for an experienced Millwright with enthusiasm and interest in machines to join our fast-growing team.
You’ll find yourself working in various settings for different industrial projects. On a daily basis, you’ll use your specialized tools to build and repair machines. You’ll set up machinery based on highly technical instructions and blueprints and occasionally move machines to different locations.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure that all machines operate properly and our facilities remain safe.
- Build new industrial and construction machinery
- Repair broken or defective machine parts, using welding and brazing tools
- Align equipment by using specialized tools (e.g. micrometer, plumb bobs)
- Review and follow highly technical and complex machinery manuals
- Transfer machines to several sites, either to install them or repair them
- Disassemble machine parts when transporting or repairing them, and reassemble the parts
- Collect and store distinct machinery parts
- Visit construction sites to assess potential problems or needs
- Collaborate with construction workers or engineers when using the machines
- Proven experience as a Millwright or in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with construction equipment and machinery
- Availability to travel regularly to different sites
- Strong communication and computational skills
- An eye for detail
- Team spirit
- Certification as a Millwright based on national standards
Similar job titles include: