Mechanic responsibilities include:
- Building and assembling machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspecting machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability
Hiring a mechanic? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair machinery and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems.
An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid certification (e.g ASE) is preferred